Vertical Order Picker EK-X Order Pickers
The new dimension in order picking
Request to: EK-X
Please fill out the form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
It’s the Prince of Pickers and Nobility in any narrow-aisle warehouse: the EK-X vertical order picker sets the benchmark in terms of performance, picking height, residual load capacity, functionality and ergonomics.
The EK-X forges ahead into new dimensions of efficient goods handling with driving speeds up to 13 km/h and lifting speeds up to 0.4 m/s. Thanks to the iGo pilot navigation , this compact warehouse helper is always on the move at maximum speed – without impairing safe driving. Other features include an excellent field of view and a maximum pick height of 12 meters - outstanding in the truest sense of the word – as well as a roomy, shock-absorbing driver’s cabin.
In short: if you want the most efficient, user-friendly picking warehouse management, you can’t do without an EK-X. Moreover, the modular system allows the optimum EK-X to be custom-built for every warehouse.
The EK-X in detail
- Maintenance-free 3-phase drive unit, 24 V or 48 V
- Effective goods handling due to very high driving and lifting speeds (13 km/h and 0.4 m/s)
- Enough energy for multi-shift operations thanks to battery capacities up to 1240 Ah (24 V) or 930 Ah (48 V)
- Powerful auxiliary lift for efficient order picking
- Top availability: The Li-Ion battery bundles a lot of energy and can be quickly and easily opportunity charged
- Quick, safe personnel entry and exit thanks to generously sized, lowlevel entry area
- High degree of movement freedom due to roomy driver’s cabin
- Shock-absorbing floor with integrated drive switch guarantees relaxed working
- Effective working with any body size thanks to low cabin wall and small distance to load carrier
- Optional tilting side barriers for even easier access to goods
- Intuitive and optionally height-adjustable control panel for ergonomic work
- Wide variety of equipment options for the driver’s cabin (e. g. attachment system for terminals etc., storage option, leaning support, 12 volt power socket)
- Safe handling in a very narrow aisle with mechanical or inductive guidance
- Long-life, energy-saving LED headlights for optimum visibility
- Optional iGo pilot safety gives optimum support when navigating and operating the vehicle in sensitive warehouse areas
- Safe operation through sensor-controlled two-handed operation
- Faster servicing due to easily accessible service points
- Sensitive operation and stepless control of lift speed thanks to stateof- the-art proportional valve technology
- Power-optimized driving speeds through accurate height sensing
- Maximum possible operating speed for each load weight thanks to the iGo pilot navigation
- Easier workload through semiautomatic approach to shelf with iGo pilot navigation
- Longer operating time and optimum use of resources through energy recovery during braking and lowering operations
- Blue-Q efficiency mode saves up to 10 percent energy at the push of a button without sacrificing power
- 90 percent of all the materials used are recyclable
Driver assistance systems and functions
Shock-protected cab floor
Like driving on feathers: the shock-protected cab floor relieves pressure from the employee and a large foot pedal allows for a variable and comfortable stationary position.Learn more
The unit decelerates automatically during the trip if it is approaching the end of the aisle. There are five different options for this:
- With speed reduction at both open aisle ends It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zone, the speed is reduced to 2.5 km/h.
- With absolute stop: Speed reduction at the open aisle end as well as speed reduction and absolute stop at the closed aisle end. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zone, speed is reduced to 2.5 km/h. At the closed aisle end, the unit is decelerated to a halt with the absolute stop. A positioning movement toward the end of the aisle is possible with the acknowledgement button.
- With stop at both open aisle ends. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. The unit is decelerated to a halt from the beginning of the aisle end zones. Our technicians can set the parameters for clearance to continue driving at a reduced speed of 2.5 km/h toward the aisle end.
- With stop and absolute stop: Stop at the open aisle end as well as stop and absolute stop at the closed aisle end. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. The unit is decelerated to a halt from the beginning of the aisle end zones. Our technicians can set the parameters for clearance to continue driving at a reduced speed of 2.5 km/h toward the aisle end. The unit is decelerated to a halt at the closed aisle end, and a positioning movement toward the end of the aisle is then possible with the acknowledgement button.
- With absolute stop at the closed aisle ends and speed reduction at the open aisle ends. It is always possible to drive toward the middle of the aisle at maximum speed. From the beginning of the aisle end zones, the unit is decelerated at the open aisle end to 2.5 km/h, and brought to a halt at the closed aisle end. The unit is cleared for continued driving using the acknowledgement button to depart the aisle at a maximum speed of 2.5 km/h.
Personal safety system
The mobile integrated personal safety system reliably detects persons in narrow aisles and stops the forklift truck in a timely manner before an accident occurs. An automatic brake can also be performed at the end of the aisle in combination with the personal safety system.Learn more
STILL iGo pilot safety
Six in one sweep
Optimised braking paths: at the end of the aisle, the forklift truck decelerates gently in relation to the speed and lifting height, which increases handling capacity.
Automatic speed adjustment: in defined zones, speed adjustments can be set automatically based on the ground conditions.
Height limitation: The adjustable height limitation enables optimum use of the space below the roof for different hall heights.
Collision prevention: known obstacles can be defined. The driver does not need to memorise all particularities of the system and can concentrate on their work.
Aisle departure assistant: steering can be blocked for a defined stretch, e.g. when departing the aisle in order to prevent collisions.
Position selection: selection enables targeted movement into defined, often-used positions such as at transfer points.Learn more
If desired, you can limit the usage of your forklift truck to specific persons or groups of persons via access authorisation. You can choose whether to grant access via a key switch or via a digital code system with ten configurable access codes.Learn more
STILL SafetyLight 4plus
The visual warning system for fewer accidents
The blue warning light, STILL SafetyLight 4plus, significantly increases work safety in areas which are confusing or full of bends. The blue light spots are projected approx. 5 m in front of and behind the truck and warn people about the approaching truck to prevent impending collisions.Learn more
Who can use which forklift truck for which area of application? What about the truck capacity? When has a shock occurred? Things that are relatively easy to control with just a few forklift trucks become far more complex and difficult to regulate as the fleet size increases. Our smart FleetManager provides the solution. With this innovative software, you are able to control your fleet more efficiently and effectively than ever.
The FleetManager consists of several modules:
- Access authorisation
- Compilation of operating data linked to the truck controller
- Accident detection with truck reaction (e.g. creep speed)
- Load detection via pressure sensor in the lifting hydraulic system without weight indication on the display and two data cards
- Shock detection in connection with FleetManager: the forklift truck detects a potential collision and switches to creep mode, sounds a signal or switches off completely
- Can be configured as per the customer's wishes
The reader for the FleetManager access card is easily accessible on the left next to the steering column. Access to the FleetManager requires special authorisation.Learn more
Maximum handling capacity: STILL OptiSpeed
Comprehensive hardware and software assistance systems which optimise the movements of the equipment regardless of the load. This significantly increases your handling capacity.
The system combines the advantages of OptiSpeed 3.1 with a weight sensor: in addition to the visual and acoustic signals when specific limit values are reached, a travel and lift stop is triggered when the permissible load weight is exceeded.
In addition, it calculates ideal transport movements and optimises them based on the lifting height and load.
This enables higher speeds on empty runs or when loading and picking.
Smart orientation: forklift trucks which move via inductive forced steering or mechanical forced operation are able to detect if they are in the correct warehouse aisle thanks to the contact-free aisle detection.Learn more
Speed reduction when forks are raised
For the safe transport of goods: when driving with raised forks, there is a risk that the loaded pallets could tip, damaging the goods. The driving speed is automatically reduced depending on the lift height in order to prevent this.Learn more
iGo pilot navigation
Navigation support for the driver The system optimises the approach to the destination by stopping forks automatically at the horizontal and vertical target position. The positioning is worked out by means of distance measuring and comparison with the current position (by RFID transponders or barcodes). OptiSpeed 4.0 differentiates between loading, unloading and order picking at the target position, and adjusts the lifting height of the fork automatically.
Easy to use: manual input of the storage location or retrieval from the warehouse management system; operation at just a push of the drive lever.
High productivity: the truck takes the optimal route to its destination – regardless of the operator’s experience and knowledge.
High precision: the truck moves to the exact position of the pallet – fork movements outside the target are not possible, thus avoiding incorrect storage and retrieval.Learn more
Lift height pre-selection
Whether you are storing and retrieving goods or raising and lowering the mast: the desired lift height can be easily configured in advance using the selection button integrated in the multifunction operating panel. Up to 20 shelf levels can be programmed. Once the right height has been reached, the lifting process ends automatically. In addition, the lifting height indicator in the LCD display shows the driver when the desired lift height has been reached.
The advantages: work becomes more safe and efficient, loading is handled with care, operator comfort is increased.Learn more
The system detects the load from 5% of the forklift truck's nominal load and shows it to the operator on the display.Learn more
Lift height display
The LED lift height sensor integrated as standard ensures the highest level of precision from the first millimetre. The system works with a repeat accuracy of under +/- 5 mm. The driver can always see the lift height on the display. They are therefore always aware of the fork tip height and are able to determine with certainty that they won't touch the shelf when lifting the pallet.Learn more
The document provided for download is the updated version of the operating instructions for the standard truck. It does not include descriptions of customer options (Customer Option). For a concrete truck, please request the respective specific manual according to the serial number and the year of production from the STILL spare parts service.
Maximum capacity (kg)
Maximum reach height (mm)
Travel speed (km/h)
Battery voltage (V)
|EK-X / Li-Ion||1.200||12.000||13||24/48|